The purpose of this operating procedure is to establish and define the authority, accountability, reporting relationships, responsibilities, duties, and measures of performance of the SMT Operator.
- Must have good communication skills to facilitate taking instructions from supervisor and communicate with other employees. Must understand enough mathematics to verify job requirements and specifications. Must have viable verbal and written communication skills to read and understand process instructions, work orders, and other paperwork.
- Must be physically capable of loading and unloading machinery and equipment and moving parts as deemed necessary.
- Must have general knowledge of circuit board manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Must have basic mechanical ability to troubleshoot production problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The SMT Operator assists the Production Team Lead with his/her duties, as required.
- Ensure that scheduled work for the designated Work Center is completed on time and with zero defects, or the measurement as established by Management, for Quality Control.
- Ensures that work is correctly performed and that he/she works effectively and efficiently.
- Makes routine checks on machinery/equipment settings, material and job specifications.
- Performs, as required, general inventory and supply control for parts and products for his/her designated Work Center.Reports on the Shop Floor on time, takes breaks and lunch on time and within the time limitations.
- Informs the Production Team Lead, as necessary, the material and supply requirements for the product run for his/her designated Work Center.
- Responsible for performing secondary work if primary work is complete.
- Utilizes the working time efficiently and productively.
- Works with the Team Members with minimal supervision.
- Ensures completion of jobs to the highest quality standards so that work can be delivered to meet customer’s deadlines and expectations.
- Ensures accurate processing of jobs in Work Center(s) according to specifications determined by the Production Team Lead.
- Ensures that materials and supplies are not wasted, scrapped or reworked and that the cost of materials and supplies remains within budgetary guidelines as established by the Production Team Lead.
- Ensures that each Team Member cleans work area daily.
- Ensures that the Work Center(s) is visibly clean at the end of each shift and that the quality product has been “sold” to the next Work Center on-time and with appropriate records.
- Works to reduce scrap, rework and deviations to a minimum percentage as determined by the Production Team Lead
- Assists Production Team Lead, if necessary, in locating and rushing parts that are due to customers.
- Obeys all safety rules and regulations.
- Obeys all company rules and regulations.
- Performs any other duties and tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Production Team Lead.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- More than 2 years experience in the assembly of electronic circuit boards.
- Preferred: 3-5 years experience in the assembly of electronic circuit boards.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform tasks associated with the assembly of electronic circuit cards.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret production documents, and related industry materials.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers.
- Knowledge of the Company’s industry and trends impacting its business.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.