GSG Talent Solutions is mission-driven and focused on customized results. We are one of the largest staffing agencies in our hometown of Austin, TX. We’re committed to delivering the right people for the right fit, every time.
GSG is looking for a public health prevention Specialist I for a contract position.
Contract expected to last until May 2024
This is an in-office position. Candidates MUST be able to report to the office in Austin TX
Monday through Friday 8 AM- 5 PM
$23.19 An hour with weekly pay
NO OUT OF AUSTIN OR SUROUNDING AREAS APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCAPTED
Resolution of duplicate cases across state lines allows for federal funders and state agencies to accurately determine the current morbidity of HIV and make data-driven decisions about funding distribution.
Duties of the positions are as follows:
- Schedule calls with other states to discuss duplicate resolution
- Resolve duplicate case pairs in eHARS, THISIS, or access database as directed by the HIV Epidemiology and Surveillance Group Manager Enter duplicate resolution outcomes into eHARS or assigned access database
- Enter updated lab, residence and diagnosis information for matching case pairs with other states
- Support HIV Core Surveillance Program by ensuring accurate and complete data collection Adhere to TB\HIV\STD Confidentiality rules and protocols
- Confers with local health agencies, private physicians, individuals, and community action groups on the treatment, control, or prevention of communicable and chronic diseases.
- Participates in planning and conducting public health training courses. Serves as a resource in creating awareness of public health problems and public health education programs.
- Collects data for use in planning and evaluating the effectiveness of public health education programs.
- Assists in distributing information on public health education programs.
- Assists in formulating definitions, standards, and policies for the effective and efficient rendering of public health services and the enforcement of public health laws and regulations.
- May assist in collecting and preparing materials in response to public health information requests.
- Performs related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of social, economic, and public health issues public health laws and regulations; and medical terminology.
- Skill in the use of a computer and applicable software.
- Ability to interpret public health laws and regulations, to analyze and evaluate public health needs, and to communicate effectively.
GSG provides reasonable accommodations as needed to people for the WORKWONDERS Program and encourages candidates with qualifying conditions to apply. We are on a mission to help.