Job Category: Administrative
Job Number: 9126
Performs complex (journey-level) clerical work. Work involves compiling and tabulating data,
checking documents for accuracy, transporting documents and/or stock and inventory, and
maintaining files. Works under general supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Proofs correspondence, reports, purchase orders, summaries, manuals, vouchers, records, and other related forms.
- Answers inquiries regarding policies and procedures, assists the public and staff in filling out forms, and provides information to the public by mail or phone.
- Reviews, compiles, organizes, and tabulates data; performs calculations; and prepares charts, graphs, and tables.
- Maintains files, materials, reports, and supplies.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail; prepares mail-outs; processes outgoing mail; and maintains records on postage, registered mail, and packages.
- Prepares documents for data entry and enters data into database.
- Delivers, picks up, or receives documents, supplies, mail, equipment, or materials; checks for quantity and quality; or makes arrangements for repairs and services.
- May maintain office schedules and appointments and perform backup receptionist or telephone switchboard duties.
- May arrange the scheduling, transfer, and display of surplus property; and may conduct physical inventory.
- Performs related work as assigned.